The wheel turns
the planets spin.
One year ends
another begins.

A Full Moon in Cancer. A blue moon ( two full moons in one month). And a Lunar Eclipse. Pretty powerful combination to start the New Year. Very Auspicious...especially for anyone born under the sign of Cancer. And in general... everything mooney...luney...is exaggerated, intense, powerful. The Moon is the planet of emotion, of tidal changes, of the Great Mother, of home. (see previous article for bit on the moon...near the end) Of the unconscious. A time for deep reflection; for going inward. Remember Dorothy in Wizard of Oz? Trying to find her way home.

Do you feel full as the moon? And maybe just a bit blue? And not just from all the chocolate and deserts and food you have consumed. Maybe its the Moon. As I am a Cancer sun sign I tend to feel the Moon quite strongly. And maybe this powerful lineup is contributing to this sense of fullness coming from within... remembering my personal path and my inner journey...who I am and why I am here.


I always go through feeling very intense and a bit down leading up to the Solstice. Many things have ended for me around this time including my marriage and a few other relationships as well(actually most of my endings have happened at this time....). And my family are far away in Canada. So I tend to be more inward than usual and need time alone. And then as Christmas comes and goes and even while all the social activities happen...or are avoided...I take time to reflect and process the whole of the past year. It's kind of like digesting Christmas dinner...I feel heavy at first; a bit uncomfortable; then slowly , perhaps after a walk...or two...and a few digestive enzymes...(a trip to the loo...)I start to feel content and satisfied.I rediscover that home is where the heart is...inside of me.

(Just click your heels Dorothy and say after me..."there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....")


So its a time of digesting all that has gone before and off loading what I don't need anymore; integrating the lessons and as well as joys of the year. At a full Moon that energy can be more pronounced, and a Cancer full moon definitely emphasizes emotional processes. So, if you are feeling a little tender or teary at this end of the decade...call your mom; and/or take time to nurture yourself. And let the tears fall...gently, tenderly. Ponder/reflect on their significance. Let them be for a moment; then wipe them away and turn to face a new year, a new cycle, a new beginning.



"And the seasons they go round and round
and the painted ponies go up and down.
We're captive on a carousel of time.
We cant return we can only look
behind from where we came.
And go round and round and round
in the circle game."


Happy New Year

Comments