2017 is being called the Year of Awakening.
'There is only one moment in time when it is essential to awaken. That moment is now.'
The planetary influences at the start of a year show us what we may be in for over the next twelve months. The year started off with the planet of communication (Mercury) in backward motion, indicating the need to reflect on where we are and where we are going before we plunge forward into new territory.
There is a Full Moon later this week in the sign of Cancer. More about that in a few days.
Currently, Mercury has reached its turning point very close to the Galactic Core (center of our universe), which, astrologically speaking, represents the universal search for purpose and meaning. As Mercury turns direct today, and the Moon enters Gemini, our thoughts and feelings are driven by an deep underlying need to understand, as well as fulfill, our personal destiny. The urge to find our own fulfillment includes the need to contribute in some way to the greater good; there's a sense of anticipation and horror as the world seems to slip closer and closer to the abyss.
Yet there is an aura of hope ... a gentle light glimmering on the horizon, reminding us that every ending is a new beginning. As I said in my last post, this is a 1 year... a time of new beginnings. As Mercury slowly gathers speed, our communication and thought processes should start shifting gears as we shake off the dust of our reverie ( and/or depression) and start focusing forward.
As the trickster planet retraces its steps back through the sign of Capricorn, it may still have some more surprises up its sleeve. Capricorn, the sign of ‘get er done’, fills our thoughts with what we want to accomplish in the coming year, yet due to the continuing unsettled atmosphere around us, things may not unfold in an entirely straightforward manner. That doesn't mean we shouldn't make the effort, or plan our next steps. Just be forewarned that the blast of new energy represented by Jupiter and Uranus can be as unsettling as it is enlightening. Things are still being shaken up.
For the moment, Mercury’s retrograde movement has hopefully provided the impetus to once and for all understand and let go of what has been holding us back, allowing us to move forward in a fresh way.
The background remains one of radical change and shifts on all levels. Depending on where or if the outer planets are hitting our own charts, many of us could still be caught off guard, as the Pluto/Uranus effect (revolution, radical change, breakdown ) continues to ripple out into both personal and collective spheres. This clash of titans continues to be both exciting and challenging , since most of us tend to cling to our older and more established ways of being, and resist the pressure of the new with all our of change.
As these energies unfold over time, we often find ourself confronted by something we have put off or avoided that we would rather not face. Sometimes these life changes will manifest more on an internal level, or they can occur as outer events, such as a death in our immediate family, accidents or loss, or some other form of radical alteration to our circumstances.
Most people don’t change until they are absolutely forced into it through some sort of event or crisis. The following are some pointers about clearing and releasing energy to make way for something entirely different. They are taken from an advertised course on doing just that . I have no affiliation with this course, nor can I recommend it as I haven’t done it. I just found these points pertinent to the current discussion. Take from them what you will….
We can do this.
· For clearing to last you need to put yourself first. You won't make a dent in reducing the stress and stuff until you've healed the patterns that created it. If you don't feel safe, you won't let go. Clearing is an inside job that begins and ends with you.
- For clearing to last you need to change your mindset. Clearing is not something you "do" or squeeze into your life. It's a way of life - a journey - that doesn't always add up, make sense, or go in a straight line. Clearing is not about "getting rid of." It's about letting go of the things and thoughts that get in the way of realizing your true nature and best life.
- For clearing to last you need to slow down. Clearing old habits and resisting behaviours is not possible until you slow it ...way... down. In a world that is all about speed, this requires awareness. Daily doses of it. "Slow drip" efforts applied consistently over time are the real game changer here.
- Cultivate the "5 Ss of Clearing ": slow down, simplify, sense, surrender, self-care.”
- Learn to unplug, detach, disidentify, depersonalize, do less and be (a lot) more.
- Learn to identify and bypass fight-or-flight triggers that keep you stuck and unable to move forward.
- Learn to read different energy signatures in a space; and experience how clearing just one thing or thought changes the energy in the space.
- Cultivate extreme self-care.
- Learn to set clear energetic boundaries with others; recognize what is "yours" and what is not.
- Develop one-minute clearing habits that will work exponentially to nourish and support you in letting go.
- Expand your awareness of who you are and realize at the deepest level what you came here to be.
Onward and upward!
Please leave your email on the top side link on webpage to be notified of new posts. Or click on the FB link lower on right down to get short daily quotes and updates.